Tuesday, May 1, 2007

21

Off stage screams can be heard in random order. There is much rustling and then dragging sounds from stage right. Dr G is seated at the desk and Gloria is pacing the room looking for things in the air to bring more light to the subject. The sounds of dragging become closer then stop as the lights come up on the doctor and Gloria in the room. Gloria paces and mutters to herself when she is not answering the doctor.
Gloria: (muttered) in the plan yes yes it was all in the plan and now…
Dr. G: lovely?
Gloria: Not now you twit
Dr. G: Well dear I just think we should talk about this, there are so many possibilities
Gloria: yes I know there are so many possibilities do you take me for a commoner?
Dr. G: Well, no
Gloria: good then don’t ask me stupid questions that I already know (continues to pace)
Dr. G: I just want to know what you think we are going to do with all these bodies and then all the people who are going to rally outside and then maybe about Robert who is out to kill Trevor because he is deeply in love with you, which I don’t get. I don’t really get that at all I mean was there something between you two?
Gloria: you already know the answer to that
Dr. G: yes I know you have told me that you shared a bed and nothing more. But my thoughts have been thinking that there was something more. That you are Robert were-
Gloria: (Enraged) not another word out of your mouth or I will have you silenced forever. Do you read me? are you catching this? Because doctor this is big- (his face turns green) what? What is that smell?(she turns to find Robert in the doorway)
Robert: no no no young Glorit my darling. Not another word of our secrets together. Not another thing or it will ruin everything. I mean you have ruined most of it already. Now sit down or I will have my hunting knife sit you down for you. (Gloria sits) now, I brought someone that I think you might want to see again. I think you remember this man. But first I want to bring in your son- well one of your sons. (Trevor is dragged in by his feet he is bound and gagged and unconscious.) Oh he will be fine. Give the boy some room. (Then he brings in Annie who is also bound and gagged and unconcious) and what would one child be without the other child. Dr. G looks at Gloria.
Dr G: other child?
Robert: DON’T INTERUPT ME I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE INTERUPT me. yes darling Annie is one of Gloria’s children. Oh you didn’t know? She fathered or should I say mothered an army.
Gloria: An army is really an exaggeration
Robert: NO it isn’t. really I just wanted some more love. The kind of love that you used to give me. the kind of love that we had when we started out-
Gloria: that kind of love doesn’t exist anymore. That kind of love is drained from us. We are no longer an us anymore. We are no longer the army that we talked about. That dream is gone from-Robert: well it doesn’t need to be gone you know that. You can still love me I can change- (Trevor and Annie start to wake up)

No comments: